The Desolventizer-Toaster (DT) is a vertically oriented cylinder with multiple trays that are steam, hot water or oil heated. The DT employs indirect heat transfer to desolventize ethanol, hexane or other solvent-wet products and completing the toasting operation on a low-cost basis. When the product allows, we can also introduce steam into the DT and combine direct and indirect heat transfer, thus reducing the overall equipment size.
- Continual paddle motion over stationary relieved screens prevents screen plugging
- Continuous counter-current extraction provides a consistent, repeatable end product
- Applicable for almost all liquid solvents
- Shallow material beds for materials that expand when wetted
- En masse conveyors for minimizing product breakage
- Easy-to-clean, -inspect and CIP-able designs
- Vapor-tight design for operation with volatile solvents